Sunday 20 March 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Swatches - Boy


The Rouge Coco Shines are the newest additions to the Chanel lipsticks range. I believe they launched on March 11th in the UK.

"As soft and melt-away as a balm, ROUGE COCO SHINE introduces a texture that becomes fluid on contact with the lips, making them sparkle with intense luminosity. A precise blend of wax and plant-based derivatives ensures that Rouge Coco Shine glides onto your lips, giving all day lasting colour and up to eight hours optimal hydration. In 18 different semi-sheer, vibrant shades, lips will be ultra-shiny, elegant and perfectly pretty for spring." This is the description on the Selfridges website, for some reason, debenhams.com don't have these yet, but I know they have got them in store.

I went to Debenhams to get my mum a Chanel eyeshadow quad for mothers' day, and the sales assistant was so nice to give me these samples to try! And I thought I'll try them out and show you the swatches. I will only show the colour 54 Boy today, and will try out the others and post them as soon as possible, as well as doing a review on the formula and if I will be purchasing.


I think these swatches are really true to colour, and I forgot to do swatches on my hand, so...


These samples also came with a mini lip brush, and to my surprise, it actually applies the lipstick very well.




Looking at the product itself, 54 Boy seems like a nude pink colour, quite beige looking, however on my lips, as you can see, it's quite a pale baby pink colour, I suppose there might be a bit of beige there. I thought it was my camera washing the colour out, but the colour on my lips does look like their printed swatch (2nd photo of this post, with BOY written over the swatch).

As for formula, it glides on very nicely, very smooth. As you can see, it is quite shiny, in a good way, I do like how it looks, it doesn't feel dry, however I'll need to wear it longer to see if it has the claimed hydrating properties.

Have you tried any of the Rouge coco shines? What do you think of them or are you thinking about getting one soon?





0 comments:

Post a Comment